Food Safety Level 3
An advanced food safety and food preparation course is a requirement by the Cayman Island for chefs working on commercially registered vessels carrying more than 10 crew members.
The HABC Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is a must for all heads of departments with the responsibility of preparing or serving food. The aim of this course is to identify problems and to recommend solutions within food preparation and delivery areas. It is ideally suited to people who are responsible for supervising other members of staff, such as team leaders, supervisors and managers across all sectors of catering, whether the business is small, medium or large. It is particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
This MCA-approved course has been created to be time efficient; candidates are able to learn at their own pace through an online Virtual Learning Environment and then take the classroom-based exam at our training centre in Antibes. Prior to the exam, the tutor will provide a brief refresher course of the applicable course materiel.
Implement and supervise a food safety management system
Understand food safety procedures
Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
Recognise the risks linked to cross contamination
Recognise the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
Why would you take a Food safety level 3 course?
- An advanced food safety and food preparation course is a requirement by the Cayman island for chefs working on commercially registered vessels carrying more than 10 crew members.
- There is a real added-value to the Level 3 course. This course will provide you with a greater knowledge of the management of efficient food safety practices and is the minimum requirement for heads of departments and supervisors.
- You will gain confidence in the area of food safety, particularly in the event of an inspection.
- Learn at their own pace through an online Virtual Learning Environment and then take the classroom-based exam at our training centre in Antibes.
- It is cost effective and time efficient.
Food Safety Level 3 Course
Held every other Wednesday morning at 9:00 (with a few exceptions) at our training centre in Antibes.
Duration: study course material at your own pace and then 1/2 day classroom-based (brief refresher course and then 2 hour exam)
For further information prior to booking please Contact us